If you are looking for our Hardwood Flooring Installation Guidelines, go to the link below:
Our hardwood flooring FAQ helps customers learn more about our lifetime structural warranty, 40-year finish warranty, installation options and warranties, hardwood flooring delivery, and why Gaylord Hardwood Flooring is a sound environmental choice.
- What is a Structural Lifetime Warranty?
- What is your Finish Guarantee?
- What is your Pre-Installation Warranty?
- Are there any Warranty Exclusions?
What is a Structural Lifetime Warranty?
Gaylord Hardwood Flooring warrants to the original purchaser, their pre-finished hardwood floors against any manufacturing defects caused by improper milling, grading, staining, and coating. Structural Lifetime Warranty means the hardwood flooring product will remain free from defects in milling, dimension and grading for as long as the original purchaser owns the residence.
Following recommended installation guidelines, complying with our floor maintenance procedures and controlling the humidity in your home between 30-50% are essential. Humidity levels in the residence outside of the 30-50% range will void the warranty and potentially cause cupping, cracking, gaps, as well as width variations.
Should it be necessary to correct a manufacturing defect, Gaylord Hardwood Flooring, will supply material to replace the affected boards. Heritage and Villa Nova grades may have slight machining defects which are not covered under this warranty.
What is your Finish Guarantee?
We guarantee to the original purchaser that the product finish will not wear through or separate from the wood for a full 40 years from the date of purchase, when used under normal residential traffic conditions.
We guarantee the product finish against manufacturing defects and flaws in the applications of wood stains and polyurethane titanium oxide finish. Small checks and splits are a natural characteristics of wood and are not covered under warranty.
Download our FREE Product Guide:
What is your Pre-Installation Warranty?
Flooring must be installed following Gaylord Hardwood Flooring Installation recommendations. Flooring should be inspected before installation. If any defects are discovered during installation, do not continue. Notify Gaylord Hardwood Flooring of the defects right away.
Should there be any doubts about a piece of flooring as to manufacture, factory finish or grade, do not install the piece. Hardwood floors are manufactured in accordance with accepted industry standards which permit a defect tolerance which should not exceed 5%. Such defects may be a manufacturing or natural type. If this exceeds 5%, Gaylord Hardwood Flooring will supply the boards required.
Are there any Warranty Exclusions?
- Indentations, scratches or surface damages caused by lack of proper maintenance, misuse, negligence or accidents.
- Finish damage caused by tape on flooring surface
- Failure to use Aquabar underlayment
- Spiked heeled shoes, water, fire, wet mopping, pebbles, sand and other abrasives.
- Insufficient prevention/protection in kitchen working stations, under furniture and/or extreme environmental conditions.
- Insects, pets, natural wood fiber surface discolouration.
- Poor workmanship by installer.
- Improper board placement
- Failure to start flooring with a straight line
- Not allowing for an adequate amount of expansion space
- Getting urethane based adhesives on the finished flooring
- Failure to follow all the manufacture’s written installation and/or maintenance instructions, misuse or improper alterations of original manufactured products.
- Lack of Humidity control – Allowing interior humidity to be outside of the 30-50% range
- Attempt to repair, replace or refinish prior to an inspection by Gaylord Hardwood Flooring
- Damage caused by storage in an area with humidity above 50% or below 30%
- Squeaks are not covered by this warranty
- Use of improper subfloor
- Minimum 5/8” CDX Plywood or 23/32” OSB
- Maximum 4% moisture content difference between subfloor and hardwood flooring for 2-1/4” boards and 2% for wider boards.
Hardwood is a natural product and will change colour when exposed to light. Colour variations are a natural occurrence in flooring due to age, species, and exposure to UV light. For example, use of area rugs on top of Hardwood Flooring may cause uneven color variations. As such , colour variations are not covered under this warranty.
Hardwood flooring is produced from natural products; therefore all wood floors will expand and contract from humidity level changes. This expanding and contracting is not covered under this warranty. Humidity below 30% will cause spaces, humidity above 50% can cause cupping, cracking, and buckling of the hardwood floor.
Do you deliver? If so, what are the costs?
Yes, we deliver. We want to ensure a simple shopping experience. Delivery charges will be calculated from our location in Tweed, Ontario. We also offer reasonable shipping rates across Canada and throughout the United States. Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.
Can you install my hardwood flooring?
At Gaylord, if you prefer, we can take care of everything.
We make all of the arrangements. The installer will visit your site to measure and see the details of the job and provide the customer with an installation estimate. Installation prices will not include the removal of carpet, preparing the sub floor, removing and reinstalling baseboards and trim. Prices to do patterns, inlays, and stairs will be given upon request.
Any extras will be discussed with the customer prior to starting the job. We warranty the installation as well as the flooring when you choose the “Gaylord Install”.
- The Gaylord Install is a no-hassle service
- Majority of hardwood flooring installers are NWFA certified
- Clear estimates are provided for the entire installation process
- We provide a warranty on the floor as well as the installation
At Gaylord Hardwood Flooring, we take pride in our innovative approach to the hardwood flooring business. The National Hardwood Flooring Association (NWFA) has conducted two certification sessions in Tweed. Usually this course is offered in St. Louis.
We encourage our installers as well as our sales staff to take advantage of these great opportunities. NWFA certification guarantees that the individual has met the highest standards as an installer of hardwood flooring. Internationally certified installers are just another way that Gaylord Hardwood Flooring strives to offer exceptional customer service.
Can I install a Gaylord Hardwood Floor myself?
At Gaylord, if you prefer, you can take care of everything.
If you encounter any problems, we are always available to answer any questions. Feel free to contact us anytime.
Check out our informative blog for more information and hardwood flooring installation tips.
What makes Gaylord Hardwood Flooring a sound environmental decision?
At Gaylord Hardwood Flooring, we recognize that our products are an environmentally-friendly flooring choice. When purchasing Gaylord Hardwood Flooring, our customers rest assured knowing that the product they have purchased not only looks great and performs well, but is a “green choice”.
Did you know…
- 15 of the world’s largest container ships produce more pollution than all of the world’s automobiles. Products such as bamboo, coming from overseas are far from “green”.
- North American hardwood forests are harvested in a sustainable way. Annual net growth for hardwood is greater than the annual harvest. Standing hardwood volume is currently 328 billion cubic feet, which is an increase of 90% since 1953.
- Hardwood flooring uses less energy and water to produce than any other flooring option.
- The hardwood flooring our consumer installs today will last hundreds of years, which is much longer than any other flooring option available.
- To truly recognize a product’s ‘greenness’, one must look at its entire life cycle, from cradle to grave. It’s not simply a matter of whether raw material can be replaced quickly, but how those materials are used when making a finished product, and what happens to them once their useful life is over. You should never see quality hardwood flooring taking up space in a landfill.
Why should I visit the showroom in Tweed?
At Gaylord, we realize hardwood flooring and trim is a major decision. To offer our customers an easy decision-making process, we showcase our flooring in a fully furnished household settings, rather than small samples. In 2006, 2007, 2008 & 2009 we were voted the best industry partner showroom by the Greater Ottawa Home Builders Association.
A trip through the showroom gives people the confidence to make good decisions. Once customers have narrowed down their choices, take-home samples are available to ensure a perfect match with their existing home decor.
Helpful, and professional staff is available to answer questions at any time. They have the knowledge and the time to help a customer from the start to the finish of their hardwood flooring purchase.
If our regular hours are not a good fit with a customer’s schedule, after-hours appointments are available.