Our types of hardwood flooringHardwood flooring is a great alternative to other flooring on the market. Most importantly, hardwood flooring actually adds overall value to a home. In truth (and yes, we’re biased), there are very few "cons" to having hardwood flooring installed in your home. At Gaylord we offer 3 types of hardwood flooring.
Premium Hardwood FlooringOur premium line of hardwood flooring comes in five styles.
- Wide-Plank Livesawn Oak - The grain directions will vary as this type is cut from the whole log. Oak is one of the hardest woods, making it quite durable.
- Quarter-Sawn Oak - This comes in two different finish styles which are a standard and a wire-brushed, matte finish. Not sure that you've stumbled upon quatersawn-oak before? Here's five reasons you will love it.
- Birdseye Maple - Maple is even harder than oak. With the maple, you will notice very little grain and it is very light in color.
- Cherry - This is an elegant wood, but it is softer than many of the others. Many people use cherry as a border.
- Walnut - softer than oak, but it is highly durable and highly resistant to decay conditions.
Domestic Hardwood FlooringThe domestic line of hardwood flooring also comes in five styles. Domestic carries the same warranty as premium and it has a 10-coat titanium oxide finish making it a prized hardwood line. These are the types of domestic flooring we manufacture:
- Ash Hardwood Flooring - Believe it or not, ash is actually harder than oak. It comes in both light and dark coloring and is very shock resistant.
- Hickory Hardwood Flooring - Hickory is the hardest of all the types of hardwood flooring. The color transitions from dark to light in each plank.
- Maple Hardwood Flooring - With very little grain, this hardwood looks stunning. You’ll often see it used in bowling alleys.
- Oak Hardwood Flooring - White oak is just a bit harder than red oak. Oak is the top choice for many homeowners.
Exotic Hardwood FlooringExotic flooring can add a unique flavor to any home or business. Our four types of exotic are:
- Cumaru Hardwood Flooring - This elegant, dark wood is harder than any other domestic wood.
- Jatoba Hardwood Flooring - Also known as Brazilian Cherry, this is a very dense hardwood that comes in a reddish color. It is native of Brazil.
- Sucupira Hardwood Flooring - This beautifully-coloured wood fits into almost any home design. It is also very hard and durable.
- Tigerwood Hardwood Flooring - This wood is also native to Brazil and has a magnificent grain.
*These items require a special custom order, contact us today to learn more
Take a close look at all of these types of hardwood flooring and you’ll find one will surely fit your needs. To boot, Gaylord's warranties will also put a smile on your face. :)